The Dalek Prophet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The blog of Ranye A McDonald. Don't expect complicated BS!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NaNoWriMo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
River Song
Admin
River Song

Location : The TARDIS-sometimes. Other times I do not know where I am.

NaNoWriMo     Empty
PostSubject: NaNoWriMo    NaNoWriMo     Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 2:58 pm

I don't really participate in NaNoWriMo, but here are a few shocking statistics from November 2012 for you:

3,288,976,325: The number of words written during NaNoWriMo. (My region wrote over 4,000,000 of those!)
250,000: the approximate number of participants.
13,155.9053: the approximate number of words per person, using the above.

It takes a LOT to write 50,000 words about anything, and many people today would not want to do it for work, let alone
for fun! These amazing people stepped up and took on the challenge, and
deserve to be congratulated on their accomplishment, regardless of
whether they got five words or 50,000.These people must have been BUSY!

So, that said, congrats to the 38,414 total winners! You completed your goal, no matter how high! And congrats to the ones that DIDN'T finish, too. You all did so well!

Happy Holidays from The Dalek Prophet to all of you, both winners and not!

I will be posting more statistics and facts on NaNoWriMo in a later blog post. If anyone has statistics they wish to share, please add them in a comment on this post, as guest posting is enabled. Thanks! (Also, the source for any statistics is greatly appreciated, but not necessary.)

My personal stance on NaNoWriMo:
I am not a NaNoWriMo participant, mainly because I am usually gone during November to the coldest, southernmost reaches of the planet. Unfortunately, down there, I spend most of my time working on my photography. Since this year I was in the states, I tracked it, as I find it to be rather interesting and somewhat inspiring.
However, I write in my own time. Perhaps an excerpt will be seen on here one day. Until then, "May the wordcount be ever in your favor!"
Ranye McDonald

Updates: as of December 8th, 2012, there were a total of 3,290,835,154 words written and 38608 winners. The validation system likely got overloaded and was still processing total wordcounts for a few extra days. I will check next week to see if it changes again.

Last edited by Ranye on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:26 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added more text and the quote)
Back to top Go down
https://thedalekprophet.4umer.com

NaNoWriMo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dalek Prophet :: Ranye's Blog :: Ranye's Blog-
Jump to: